Guild of Guardians had previously announced an exclusive esports partnership with Cloud9, Fnatic, NAVI, Ninjas in Pyjamas, NRG, SK Gaming, T1, and Team Liquid.
Their Esports Exclusives digital collectible sale will be going live to the public on February 9th, 10am AEDT / February 8th, 6pm EST.
- There will be eight esports LEGENDARY Heroes representing each of the esports teams, which will be playable in-game
- Each Hero will cost approximately $99 USD — payable in Ethereum (This is an approximation due to the fluctuation in ETH)
- There will be a supply cap of 16,000 Heroes in total
- There will be an Allowlist, meaning only a select number of purchasers will have exclusive early access to the sale for a 24 hr period. After which, the sale will be opened to the public. But we’ll share further details on this in the coming days!
- We are launching the sale on Immutable X — this means you don’t have to pay any pesky gas fees. Users will need Ethereum loaded onto Immutable X to purchase. Stay tuned as we’ll share a how-to guide in the coming days
- The sale will be open for one week. This is a one-time primary sale; once it has closed, the collection will not be offered for sale again, but you may be able to purchase and exchange Heroes on secondary marketplaces, including Immutable X, TokenTrove, Rarible and AQUA.xyz
- Each summon has a chance to be a “special edition” colour variant, with the following probabilities: 10% Warrior, 2% Elite and a 1 of 1 Mythic
- By purchasing an esport Hero, you gain access to exclusive perks and utilities
Upon game launch, each esport Hero will be fully playable in-game, with exclusive utilities unique to this collection. But if becoming the proud new owner of a history-defining digital collectible wasn’t enough, holders will have access to a plethora of in-game and out-of-game perks.
Utility & Perks
One of the issues we have had with most NFT collections, especially in gaming, is that they offer little to no utility.
This is why there is the common misconception that owning “the screenshot” gets you the same level of ownership as the NFT.
Owning a Guild of Guardians esports hero grants the following utilities and perks:
Exclusive leaderboards: Owning an esports Hero will grant holders access to special leaderboard competitions that include exclusive rewards.
Special in-game rewards: Esport Hero holders will gain access to in-game rewards, including unique cosmetics and other unique digital collectibles.
Out-of-game rewards: Purchasing an esport Hero will not only grant you access to special in-game rewards but unique merch opportunities and VIP access to various web3 gaming events around the world!
Community Quests, Prizes & Rewards
In the lead-up to and during the sale, they’re giving away loads of prizes and rewards through community quests.
Signed esports jerseys: Keen to get your hands on an esports jersey signed by the teams?! Well, there are 140 signed jerseys up for grabs! Stay tuned for a chance to win!
NFT airdrops: Those who purchase an esport Hero during this sale will be automatically entered into draws of random NFT airdrops. The total supply of airdrops will be announced soon!
Community quests: Throughout the sale, there will be many opportunities to WIN token airdrops and different NFTs by simply completing the various community engagement activities. More on this to come!
Top spender: Imagine having the opportunity to design your VERY OWN playable hero or pet in Guild of Guardians! Essentially, the person who owns the most esport digital collectibles will get to rub shoulders with our incredibly talented creative and design teams to design a bespoke digital collectible!
Finally, esports organizations are tapping into existing fanbases, offering NFTs with utility, and a new way to own in-game assets.
It will be exciting to see how this goes!